Brock Grain Systems is a division of CTB, Inc., a Berkshire Hathaway Company. They develop unique and
reliable solutions for grain handling, conditioning, drying and storage.
This position is for a Senior Electrical Embedded Controls Systems Engineer with the necessary Technical
Leadership, Systems Engineering, Embedded Controls, and Embedded Programming experience to
support the design and upgrade of new and existing data-driven industrial control systems. Specifically,
(s)he will lead the upgrade and/or development efforts of several high-reliability, real-time designs.
- 5+ years of Electrical Embedded Controls Systems Engineering (system requirements, system
modeling with MATLAB or similar, system performance, systems test and verification, etc.)
- Strong Data-Driven [Model] Control (data acquisition, system identification, controller design, realtime testing, etc.) experience.
- Strong Embedded Software (Embedded C/C++ or similar) experience.
- Strong Technical Lead or Project Management (hands-on, task distribution, technical project plan,
delivery schedule, verification & validation, etc.) experience.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Computer
Engineering, or related field.
- Excellent Teamwork, Communications (Written/Verbal), and Organizational skills.
Desirable/ Other tasks:
- Previous Industrial Control Systems (SCADA, DCS, PLC, or similar) is a plus.
- Previous Electrical Power Supply (preferably multi-national) experience is a plus.
ACI / AISC / AISI / ASAE / ASCE / IBC /SAE / UBC / ASTM
- Data-Driven Controls (Controller Modules and Embedded Software)
The Senior Electrical Embedded Controls Systems Engineer will lead a team of engineers to support the
new development of industrial grain transfer, drying, and storage systems. The existing embedded
controller software for these designs is outsourced so, (s)he will need to understand the system and its
components, review existing code, and implement or recommend changes to accommodate all
upgrades and modifications and any variations to the current system’s electrical operating specifications
(which shall be geographically driven).