This role is located in Des Moines, IA. A beautiful area with many outdoor activities, while also close to metro areas.
Want to be a part of a leading global, manufacturing company that is creating innovative structural solutions in the agricultural industry and experiencing phenomenal growth for themselves and their high performing em-ployees? Enjoy working in an environment where quality, reliability, and a passion for success is valued and where people work together to get things done?
Then come join a team that is taking it to the next level – Lemar Industries!
Who We Are:
LeMar Industries is a subsidiary of CTB, Inc., a Berkshire Hathaway Company, offering complete grain handling and storage solutions. With precision in-house engineering and detailing using the latest CAD technology, we deliver customized reliability and quality to customer’s exacting standards. We do this by listening and giving customers exactly what suits their needs and we don’t stop there! Ours is a lifetime partnership that starts before the order and continues into installation, implementation, and beyond. From catwalks and towers to conveyors and temp storage, LeMar serves industries including grain, fertilizer, seed, feed and aggregate & mining, providing quality and reliability like no other for over 35 years! Come experience the expertise and excellence that comes with leading-edge solutions – and join us in our mission in developing new technologies that help feed the world!
Our Vision: Leadership through Innovation®
What We Offer:
• Exciting innovative, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment
• Challenging and progressive career development
• Competitive salaries
• 401k & Profit Sharing
• Holiday Bonus
• Excellent Comprehensive Health & Wellness programs
• Best practice PTO policies and paid holidays
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Open communication, recognition programs, and team-building events
• And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals who want to make a real difference in their community and role!
What You’ll Do:
As the Plant Manager, you will manage the operations – including production, warehouse, maintenance, and facility – to ensure business goals are attained within budget and resources guidelines.
Your Accountabilities in the Role:
• You will lead production and scheduling following customer order due dates, along with some ordering of smaller components, to ensure shipping dates are achieved.
• You will manage and control costs to ensure budget goals are attained in the areas of scrap, material usage, overtime, tools, and supplies.
• You will create Lean-thinking and 5S initiatives within the facility to continually enhance quality output.
• You will manage the safety and maintenance of the facility and equipment – initiating Capital Expense requests where applicable.
• You will lead, mentor, and develop team members to continually grow competencies within the facility while creating a challenging work environment that retains top talent.
• You will collaborate with customers, Customer Service, and vendors to ensure smooth processes for all involved.
• Education/Certifications: Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Engineering, or other related field; or equivalent of coursework and experience; Six Sigma or Lean certifications highly preferred, but not required
• Experience: 7+ years of progressive Manufacturing leadership experience in a steel/metal fabrication and manufacturing environment – Including full P&L responsibility & experience with annual budgeting process
• Functional Skills: Strong budgeting, planning, and production scheduling experience; Lean-thinking and process improvement skills; thorough understanding of the complete supply chain process; Safety/OSHA experience; Strong attention to detail as well as solid decision-making skills
• Technology Skills: Above average experience with ERP systems and Microsoft Office programs
• Leadership/Behaviors: Servant leadership skills; Ability to mentor, engage, and grow a team; Demon-strates a sense of high-urgency; Experience as a “Change Agent” and ability to lead with a vision to align and motivate small teams
• Culture Match: The right person will be able to work within a collaborative team environment; Will be good at listening and responding effectively; and will have the natural ability to take a vision and turn it into a concept
Other Important Information:
Salary: Salary is commensurate with proven expertise.
This position is eligible for bonus & profit sharing! And, the compensation will grow as the team member grows!
Reports To: Unit General Manager
Core Hours: 7:00 am – 5:00 pm (schedule can be flexible; will work approx. 8-9 hours within this timeframe)
Typical Work Week: M-F; some weekends based on production goals; will need to be present for each of the 3 shifts at some point. 45-50 hours per week on average
Direct Reports: Approximately 65 Direct Reports
Travel: 15% or less